Friday, September 12, 2008

lectures on the law of attraction

Burying the Secret: The Road to Ruin Is Paved with Books about the Law of Attraction



Burying the Secret: The Road to Ruin Is Paved with Books about the Law of Attraction
Feverish compliance with the law of attraction in the 1980s left the author dead broke for 17 years and in a wheelchair by 2002, due to unanticipated medical conditions.


When Rhonda Byrne's The Secret muscled its way into the media in early 2007, the author's unpleasant memories morphed into a pressing need to complete the book she started during her perilous law-of-attraction period. Over a 10-year span, the author had read 300+ metaphysical books that inadvertently challenged The Secret's core message: Just focus on what you want and it will quickly manifest.


Burying The Secret was primarily inspired by Eastern thought, mysticism, and psychological matters as they relate to spirituality. The author learned about other elements at work, such as the laws governing cause and effect, transition, and suffering. She also discovered key influences on our soul's development, such as learning lessons, voluntary acts of redemption, sacrifice, and free will.


Burying The Secret indicts The Secret for its refusal to acknowledge that unanswered prayers are the norm and for its unfathomable premise: The law of attraction thrives as an independent force. Please email Babblingbooks at yahoo.com for a free PDF with 64 pages of excerpts. Please allow 72 hours for fulfillment.


This book is dedicated to everyone whose dreams and aspirations have been postponed indefinitely by life's inevitable detours.


An older soul with a pitiful level of evolution is like the high school thug, slumped in the back row, who tunes out the teacher. All the students are exposed to the same resources, but not everyone takes advantage of them. - Burying the Secret




Customer Review: A different way to view the law of attraction

Reviewed by Paige Lovitt for Reader Views (2/08)



In "Burying the Secret," Carol Rutter shares her story with us of how the Law of Attraction did not work for her. For years, she adhered to this idea, but things got worse and worse for her. When she started researching psychology, mysticism and Eastern thought, she realized that not all prayers are to be answered for a variety of reasons. She states, "The Secret" fails to acknowledge that unanswered petitions are the norm because fulfillment of the most dramatic or life-changing prayers usually conflict with our karmic standing and/or purpose in life..."



This really makes a lot of sense to me, especially after reading her book. She extensively researches the other areas mentioned above and references them so that you can further review her discussion. In her writings you discover why bad things happen to good people and you see good things happening to bad people. She really makes a lot of sense.



I enjoyed "The Secret" to the point that I read it, watched it, and went to a conference on it. Even though, I am a fan of "The Secret," I had a lot of questions in my mind; that she addresses. These questions and thoughts were lurking in the back of my mind, because I was afraid if I verbalized them, then I would be cancelling the Law of Attraction. After reading, "Burying the Secret," I feel like I have a greater understanding of how things really work.



I highly recommend "Burying the Secret" to people who are familiar or interested in "The Secret" or the Law of Attraction. It will help provide some balanced ideas to people who are on their spiritual quest. It will definitely help you understand why karmic law and/or prayer, does not always allow our prayers to be answered. Reading this book made me feel so much more positive about the path that I am on.





Customer Review: Inspiration is where you find it

I was intrigued by Carol Rutter's Burying the Secret, because I have read works on esoteric and mystical spirituality. First in studying intuition to enhance jazz improvisation, then as a means of evolving along my Christian pathway.



I had time to read this carefully as I recovered from surgery and reflected upon the circumstances in my life.



While, ostensibly, this book is an indictment of a pop psychology/light metaphysics light book, The Secret, the far-ranging work became much more to me.



I benefited from in depth treatments of the psychological aspects of parent child relations, a general treatment of Jungian psychology, particularly the collective unconscious, a short, but effective synopsis of Caroline Myss's work on recovering from wounds and intriguing sections later in the book on universal laws as she discerned them.

I also found her biographical sections on her life's lessons, how difficult it was to learn them and why "The Secret" was not effective for her to ring true and hold inspiration for me.



While I am not ready to embrace her more esoteric ideas, such as the Akashic records, definitive treatments of pre-birth activities, the fact is, I got plenty of inspiration from her words.



For example, Karmic debts and releases seems the same thing that the Bible describes as "whatever a man sows, this he will also reap". The human condition is to evolve. Whether the lessons are sent by a benevolent universe, as she believes, or all part of God's plan, as I believe, the individual must accept responsibility for their human and spiritual evolution and discerning and acting upon their purpose in life. Like Ms. Rutter and myself, people who do not want to learn life's lessons will be given repeat opportunities to learn them.



I do not believe that one book can an all-purpose spiritual and evolutionary guide, except maybe the Bible. However, one idea can inspire an individual to critically examine beliefs and behavior and make a change. There were many such ideas in this book. I received plenty of helpful inspiration and I can enthusiastically recommend this book.



I also want to say that there is a marvelous exercise in self understanding in an appendix near the end of the book.




how to manifest wealth

No comments: