Thursday, January 01, 2009

manifest destiny

Beyond the Secret: Spiritual Power and the Law of Attraction



Beyond the Secret: Spiritual Power and the Law of Attraction
Since the publication of The Secret, everyone seems to be talking about the Law of Attraction. In the popular imagination, everything we desire can be ours. But the Law of Attraction is more than the power of positive thinking or a plan to get rich quick. In Beyond the Secret, Lisa Love teaches us how to use the Law of Attraction spiritually. Instead of focusing on the selfishness and greed in human nature that leads us to want, want, want, Love inspires her readers to see beyond the individual ego and to attract and retain objects and events that will be beneficial to ourselves and to others.

Lisa Love makes the Law of Attraction accessible to everyone, revealing essential insights on how to discover true and lasting life satisfaction.

Beyond the Secret teaches you to:
-understand what Spirit wants for you in this life
-use the Law of Attraction to gain insight into yourself and your destiny
-create and maintain a deeply satisfying sense of spiritual fulfillment


Not everyone can use the Law of Attraction to win the lottery or to become the next American Idol, but everyone can use the Law of Attraction to become a happier and better person.

Customer Review: Spoken like a true believer in the guilt based religions.

Thank you Lisa Love for writing this book, without which I could not fully appreciate the works of Esther and Jerry Hicks. I gave it a two star only because of the potential of the unread portion, although I'll never know.



The first reviewer was very gentle her choice of phrases: . . ."you might feel this is grazing on your set beliefs. . ." Boy is that an understatement in my case.



I do believe that feeling your way to abundance, whether material or spiritual, is the fundamental principal behind manifesting your desires. Focusing on the positive side of everything no matter what is going on around you is key to this. I also think that a natural result of becoming a more positive person will make you more compassionate, loving and spiritual and you will naturally help others more by being that way.



What left me cold in the very first chapter are the contradictions made by the author.



EXERPT: Spirit encompasses everything that is! Everything lives within it and is a part of it. It has been called "God," "Allah," "The Force," and a multitude of other names. Essentially you are Spirit, and Spirit is you!



That said, the author goes on to make this statement only two pages later:



"Remember the law of attraction is neutral. Though you can use it to get whatever you wish for, it doesn't always give you what Spirit wishes for you."



WHAT!?!



Spirit is me and I am spirit right? So, if this is true, (and I firmly believe that it is) it is not even possible for Spirit to desire something that I myself do not desire and vice versa. In fact, spirit can not even distinguish between the reality that I imagine and the reality that I am living so how can it make choices for me? Spirit is not something outside of me that controls me and tells me what I should and should not desire or how it should be used. The job of "Spirit" is to respond to the thoughts I am thinking and make that my reality.



The word "ego" is also referred to quite a bit and the author goes on to discuss her belief that we are hear to serve others and that those with money have a moral obligation to take care of those who don't. But, if I am the creator of my world and I have money because I manifested it in my life than would it not also be true that those who do not have money have manifested that reality into their lives? My having money, a place to live, and other nice things is not depriving someone else of the opportunity to manifest those things in their life. Seems to me our obligation would be to teach them how but then again that would be forcing our beliefs on someone else.



The author is right about the law of attraction being neutral. You will manifest that which you focus upon the most and if your focus is on the lack of something rather than the abundance of it then you will continue to manifest the lack of it until you change the way you think about it.



Besides the multitude of tangents the author seems to go off on, I found it difficult to get past her own personal bias toward those who have manifested material abundance, good looking spouses (as she puts it, but isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder?), expensive cars, and houses on the beach in their lives. She did talk about being jilted by a lover who chose a woman of means over her. WOW! That explains a few things right there!



I don't imagine there are many people in this world who never think about having any of those things and what's wrong with it? Money brings freedom and having it is not depriving someone else of it. It does not mean that people who have it lead irresponsible or lackluster lives nor does it mean that we should all go live as monks in order to curb the ego from wanting it! Anyone who thinks money isn't important in this world is kidding themselves.



I found the book "Ask and It Is Given" by Jerry and Esther Hicks a far more compassionate read.

Customer Review: Wisdom and depth

Dr. Lisa Love has lovingly written a book that is a soulful, wise companion to The Secret. She believes that we must go beyond a shallow take on the Law of Attraction. This book contains wisdom and depth and as an executive and life coach who teaches clients about the Law of Attraction linked with spirituality, I recommend it. I heard Dr. Love on NPR's New Dimensions radio and several of her quotes were so memorable that I have repeated them to my coaching clients. With compassion she talks about how unkind it is to those who are ill to tell them that they created it through the Law of Attraction, although she acknowledges a strong body/mind connection. Dr. Love spoke of how a terrible tragedy to Christopher Reeves ended up bringing so much good to the world because of his choice to become a spokesman. She urges us to approach the Law of Attraction with love, wisdom and our higher selves.

Michelle Prosser, author of Excuse Me, Your God is Waiting, Love Your God * Create Your Life * Find Your True Self

Excuse Me, Your God Is Waiting: Love Your God * Create Your Life * Find Your True Self




Law of attraction videos

No comments: